The latest ad from the Denver Group is appearing today ( July 17th) in the Congressional Quarterly Daily targeting Hill Democrats and other major DC players. This is your message to them as much as it is ours. (Click image to see larger view.)
Donation information for The Denver Group's general election efforts
We hope folks will want to continue donating as regularly as they can, including just one time if that is all that makes sense to you. You can donate via Pay Pal and or by snail mail.
Footnote: The Denver Group works to achieve a democratic process at the Democratic National Convention. Heidi Li Feldman independently works, as she has throughout the campaign season, to raise money for Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. For more information about that cause see Heidi Li's Potpourri.Heidi Li also works independently with an ad-hoc group of Democrats to support Senator Clinton for Senate Majority Leader in 2009. For more information about that effort - and to sign on to it - go here.
If you prefer using Paypal use this button, but remember to send us your eligibility information, please.
To donate by mail: Make your checks payable to: The Denver Group
Mailing address: The Denver Group 2118 Bancroft Place N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
Please provide eligibility information listed below.
OUR POST CONVENTION GOALS
The goals of the Denver Group in the coming general election are simple and straightforward. After witnessing the most corrupt nominating process we have ever seen, something reminiscent of the bad old days of Boss Tweed, when a rigged nominating process and roll call vote were substituted for the voices and votes of 18 million Democratic primary voters, and in the process every rule, procedure and democratic principle violated, we think what is most important now is that principle prevails before party. That means restoring the values of the Democratic Party and the principles for which it has stood and returning it to those who respect and value those traditions.
To that end our goals are:
1. The withholding of support for the Democratic candidate for President on the grounds that the party leadership subverted Democratic Party rules, procedures and principles in order to select a predetermined candidate without regard to the Democratic Party's voters, principles, rules or procedures. We do not believe anything justifies supporting a candidate who is there because of a corruption of democratic principles in the name of winning.
2. If the Democrats lose, holding accountable Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi and others in the DNC who are responsible for subverting the principles which alienated 18 million voters, leading to the defeat, by demanding their resignations. And getting them.
3. The return of the Democratic Party into the hands of those who will respect its traditions, its values and democratic procedures so that the Democratic Party can be returned to those values and principles for which it has always stood.
Who is eligible to donate - FEC rules and requirements
Before you donate, please confirm that you meet the following requirements:
1. This contribution is made from my own funds, and not those of another. 2. This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization or national bank. 3. I am not a Federal government contractor. I am not a foreign national who lacks permanent resident status in the United States. 4. I am at least 18 years of age. 5. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another. 6. To help us comply with FEC rules and regulations please go here to securely confirm this information and provide a few additional items. The Denver Group will keep this information strictly confidential except if required by law to give it to the FEC. After you fill out the form, you will automatically be redirected to this page and, if you have not yet donated, may do so via PayPal or mail.
Answer to questions: Yes, feel free to share
A number of people have written asking for permission to send The Denver Group ads to superdelegates or disseminate to friends and neighbors. No need to ask for permission. These are public communications and people may do with them as they please. That's part of democracy too.
(Note: The Denver Group cannot and does not take responsibility for the further distribution of the materials The Denver Group puts into the public domain.)
Interviews of interest - Rotating content
Heidi Li on My Two Cents Radio, August 28, 2008
Heidi Li at the Pepsi Center on the night Senator Clinton addressed the Democratic National Convention - Heidi Li was interviewed by a somewhat offbeat Dutch television show - her remarks appear halfway through this segment.
MORNINGQ BROADCAST INTERVIEW WITH RUBIN AND FELDMAN ON THE DENVER GROUP
To listen to interview click here. The interview begins at roughly 15:45 into the show.
FOX NEWS VIDEO ON THE DENVER GROUP
Here is a link to the Fox News interview of Heidi Li on Neil Cavuto discussing the Denver Group
DENVER GROUP ON ACT BLUE HOT LIST
July 16: Thanks to those who are contributing to The Denver Group via Act Blue, The Denver Group now appears on the Act Blue "Hot List". This list changes according to which Act Blue groups are seeing the most activity, and as of right now you can see for yourself. Supporters of an open convention are keeping us on the front page and it can stay that way $5 at a time.
WHO WE ARE AND OUR GOALS AND PURPOSES
The Denver Group has been formed to insure that the Democratic National Committee respect and carry out the democratic process at the convention in Denver this August by meeting certain specific goals. We will be advocating, and if neccessary pressuring, through purchased mass media as well other accepted avenues, the Democratic National Committee to see to it that these goals and the interests of tens of millions of Democratic voters are met.
Our goals are:
An open convention.
Senator Clinton's name placed in nomination. No symbolic roll call vote.
Speeches allowed by supporters of Senator Clinton on behalf of her candidacy.
A genuine roll call vote with Senator Clinton as a legitimate candidate.
Our email address: The Denvergroup@Gmail.com
DENVER GROUP RADIO INTERVIEW AT NO QUARTER
Here is a link to listen to the Denver Group radio interview conducted 7/2/08 byNo Quarter Radio.
DENVER GROUP VIDEO
click the picture to see the inspirational video.
Read "Negotiating Democracy" on No Quarter
Click the link and read "Negotiating Democracy" and how Obama, Donna Brazile and the DNC are trying to keep Senator Clinton's name out of nomination. Then when you're even angrier than you are now come back and donate to The Denver Group
1. Senator Clinton has only suspended her campaign.She has not conceded and never offered a statement of concession which is traditional when someone is no longer a candidate. She did not officially end her candidacy which she could have chosen to do. She is still technically a candidate.
2. Senator Clinton has not released her delegates.Releasing or asking her delegates to support Senator Obama is also something she could have done. She has not. All of Senator Clinton's delegates won during the primary season are still committed to her and can cast their votes for her at the convention as long as her name is on the ballot.
3. Super delegates public declarations do not count.They can change their minds ( as some did during the primary). They are not committed to any of their public declarations. Nothing counts until they cast their votes in Denver on August 27th.
Sites of Special Interest
Postcard of The Denver Group's Last Straw Ad
As run in The Hill on Monday, August 25, 2008, the first day of the Democratic Party National Convention.